Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Camp Bentzon mdk

On Monday morning, I was excited because instead of going to school I was going to Kawau Island!  My sister had to go to school and think about maths and English and I got to go on camp.  "Yay"!

We caught the bus at 7:30 and headed off to Sandspit.  We arrived at Sandspit we caught the ferry to Camp Bentzon.  On the ferry we were all extremely excited and were being quite noisy.

After half an hour (30 minutes) we arrived at North Cove AKA-Camp Bentzon.  We got settled in, then we went on a long walk to Vivian Bay.  At Vivian Bay we had a super swim.  When we got back to where we were staying, I was really exhuasted. 

On Tuesday my group did the Confidence course.  I climbed and swung like a monkey.  I gave everything a go.  It was really cool.

Next my group went Orienteering!  For Orienteering we had to find letters using a cool compass.  My partners Cassie, Selina and I went up Killer Hill when we weren't supposed to.

The last activity was kayaking. We kayaked to Survivor Island and back which was awesome.  I was
leading the way on the way back but then I stopped to have a rest and fell behind.

Camp is great!!!

No comments: